J.R.R. Tolkien

J.R.R. Tolkien
I am a writer, poet, philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the classic high fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

3. How have you taken something that you have learned in the classroom and integrated it into your nonacademic life?

One thing i have integrated into non academic life would probably be the Pythagorean theorem. It all started when my dad wanted to add a slope to then side of my house and had estimated the angle and the house looked sloped distinctively! He asked for my help and i said that he might have to use math in order to slope the roof just right so the house doesn't look oblong. Fortunately i had measured the distances between ground, shadow, and height and calculated the angle correctly. Now my house looks symmetrical and spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment