J.R.R. Tolkien

J.R.R. Tolkien
I am a writer, poet, philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the classic high fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

10. What is the best advice you've ever received? Explain.

I believe the best advice that i ever received was from my pastor 5 years ago. Unfortunately i forgot his name but his advice stuck with me and made me the person i am today. "Anger gets you into trouble but pride keeps you there." a quote from an unknown source which my pastor gave to me. Anger does get you into dilemmas that would be avoidable but your constant pride and stubbornness keeps you there. As a very selfish person my own pride and anger have gotten me little friends and many enemies where walking home caused distress. Being humble attracts other people to you because of the mutual feeling of friendship. I thank my pastor for his advice that potentially changed my raging hatred to pacifism.

This Blog brought to you by: "Bad Advice Dog"

No comments:

Post a Comment