J.R.R. Tolkien

J.R.R. Tolkien
I am a writer, poet, philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the classic high fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

11. Ask and answer the one important question that a university won't ask you, but you wish they would.

Question: Why are you really coming to college for?
Answer: As a child living in a lower middle class family my parents always urged me to become a well educated individual with a sturdy job that pays well. When i asked why my parents always answered with a subtle "you'll see". Following Bush's presidency was the collapse of the economy. People were loosing jobs and money was becoming scarce. Fortunately my dad had built up a reputation as the best Painter (walls ceilings etc.) in his company he was never laid off or fired. Now when i see my dad a 58 year old man working hard to bring food to our table I understand what they meant by "you'll see". Also I have an interest in psychological and genetic studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment