J.R.R. Tolkien

J.R.R. Tolkien
I am a writer, poet, philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the classic high fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

16. Explain a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dillema you have faced and its impact on you

During middle school I was bullied not just by some people but by my own "friends", or those who i would consider my friends. Painfully made fun of in middle school i spiraled into depression and anxiety, instead of knowing the pain i redirected it towards other people bullying others while i was being bullied. Fortunately when freshman year came about i had an epiphany realizing that i was getting hurt on purpose because i kept hanging out with them. Fortunately i found a new set of friends and a new meaning to go by everyday. Bullies are like sand paper, they keep scratching your surface until one day they are all dull and worn out while your smooth and shiny. I carry that advice and i give it to my real friends that sometimes have problems too. I have to at least appreciate the fact that my bullies made me the caring and kind person I am now, and the help of finding my true friends! All i had to do was hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment